- Dogs are continuing to be abused.
- Our current administration just rescinded a basic human right to the LGBT community.
- The dog training community continues to be small minded rather than support each other for the sake of dogs and the human-dog bond.
- The trickle down effect of an authoritarian administration incites racism, misogyny, hate, discrimination, animal abuse and the destruction of our earth and her people.
- People are losing friends because of their political affiliation.
- Animals continue to be exploited and abused for entertainment.
- There are well-known board members on important organizations, doing very little to effect necessary changes in the pet industry.
- People believe what they read, see and hear, instead of taking the time to see if there’s any truth to it.
- Social media groups are formed to so-call educate only to further provoke a division between themselves and they don’t even realize they are perpetuating it.
- Bullies at the top are making bullies the ‘norm‘ an accepted way of being.
- Dog trainers who debunk the dominance theory, are being dominant in their approach to this necessary education and don’t see it in themselves.
- Humanity is struggling to come together.
- Oh, yes, there’s much more but you know that….
The white house is devoid of a dog and this hasn’t happened in over a century. Is it any wonder we are seeing more of the above? This quote by Anatole France speaks volumes of what’s happening in our world.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”
As a culture we are hooked on avarice, how do we get out off of it? I’ve been vacillating between feeling angry, hollow and energized and as an animal and human rights advocate, it’s taking it’s toll on me. Writing helps, music helps, dance helps, hugs help, nature helps, deep conversation helps, remembering I’m not alone, helps…